National University of Cordoba (UNC). It is the second largest University in Argentina. It is based in the city of Córdoba. It is the oldest in the country and the fourth founded in America. His teaching is free, free and secular. It has been throughout the 20th century, and is currently, after the University of Buenos Aires, the second in number of teachers and students in the entire country. The nickname La Docta that Córdoba has, is due to the fact that for more than two centuries it was the only University in the country.
The origins of the National University of Córdoba date back to the first quarter of the 17th century, when the Jesuits opened the Colegio Máximo, where their students, particularly the religious of that order, received classes in philosophy and theology. This establishment, of high intellectual category, was the base of the future University.
The University of Córdoba is a public institution of higher education that comprehensively trains people capable of interacting in a globalized world, from the field of basic sciences, associated with agro-industrial production, engineering, social and human sciences, education and Health; generates knowledge in science, technology, art and culture and contributes to human development and environmental sustainability of the region and the country.
To be recognized as one of the best public institutions of higher education in the country for the quality of its academic processes and institutional management, aimed at improving the quality of life in the region, through the execution and application of research and extension projects in cooperation with the productive sector.
- University of Rabanales Menéndez Pidal
- Belmez Center
Colleges and schools
- veterinary school
- Higher Technical School of Agricultural and Forestry Engineering
- School of Medicine
- Science Faculty
- Faculty of Philosophy and Letters
- Faculty of Law and Economic and Business Sciences
- Faculty of Education Sciences
- Higher Polytechnic School of Cordoba
- Faculty of Labor Sciences
- Higher Polytechnic School of Belmez
- Faculty of Nursing
- Center for Economic and Business Sciences ETEA
- Sacred Heart Teaching Center
- General and Historical Archive of the University of Córdoba