|Population||12,812,508 people (2020)
|Governor||Bruce Rauner (Republican)|
|Time zone||Central: UTC-6/-5|
Illinois (also Illinois or Illinois) (in English: Illinois, pronounced Illinoi) is a state in the United States of America. Its capital is Springfield.
It has a population of 12,859,995 (2015). Its total area is 140,998 km². ZIP Code IL.
Illinois became the 21st US state in 1818.
Illinois’ neighboring states are Indiana to the east, Wisconsin to the north, Missouri and Iowa to the west, and Kentucky to the south.
With a population of more than 1,000,000:
With a population of 100,000 to 1,000,000:
With a population of 10,000 to 100,000 people:
According to Countryaah, Illinois consists of 102 counties:
- Joe Davis
- The pie
- Rock Island
- St. Clair
Main article: Population of Illinois
|Population density in Illinois|
- 80% – Christians (49% – Protestants, 30% – Catholics, 12% – Baptist, 7% – Lutherans, 7% – Methodists, 3 – Presbyterianism, 20% – other Christian religions)
- 16% – atheists
- 4% – other religions
Main article: Economy of Illinois
Prominent higher education institutions
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Illinois at Chicago – University of Illinois at Chicago
- Illinois State University – Illinois State University
- Southern Illinois University – Southern Illinois University
- University of Chicago – University of Chicago
- Northwestern University – Northwestern University
|Highness height||182 m|
|Population||114,394 people (April 1, 2020)|
|Telephone code||217, 447|
Abraham Lincoln House in Springfield, where the US President lived for 17 years.
Springfield (in English: Springfield) is a city and the capital of the state of Illinois in the USA. Springfield has a population of 115,668 (2005) and a total area of 156.20 km² (60.30 mi²). Springfield was founded in 1819 and incorporated as a city in 1840.
- Abraham Lincoln, the sixteenth president of the United States
- Killarney, Ireland
- Philach, Austria
- San Pedro, Mexico
- Ashikaga, Japan