|Population||1,455,271 people (2020)
Hawaii (English: Hawaii, in Hawaiian Hawaiʻi, pronounced /haˈwaʔiː/ and /haˈvaʔiː/) is a state in the United States. The state of Hawaii is part of the larger archipelago of the Hawaiian Islands. The population of Hawaii is 1,374,810 (2011). Hawaii has a total area of 28,311 km².
Hawaii was admitted as the 50th state of the United States on August 21, 1959.
The climate is tropical, the rainy season is from December to the end of March. Summer is relatively warm, the average temperature is around 30°, but since the air humidity reaches 70%-80%, the heat is not felt so strongly. There are two mountain ranges that cool the climate.
Hawaii, along with Arizona, are the two US states that do not use daylight saving time. The reason for this is the proximity of the state to the equator and the small difference in the length of days in summer and winter.
The tropical climate, beaches, active volcanoes and varied topography make the archipelago a popular destination for tourists, surfers, biologists and volcanologists. Due to its central location in the North Pacific and labor migration since the 19th century, local traditions have been heavily influenced by North American and East Asian cultures. Permanent residents (along with many visitors and US military personnel) number over one million.
The state’s official nickname is the ” Aloha State “.
The capital and also the largest city in the state is Honolulu. It is also the birthplace of the 44th President of the USA, Barack Obama.
- Pearl City
According to Countryaah, the state of Hawaii consists of 5 counties:
In popular culture
Many movies and series have been filmed in Hawaii, including Hawaii Beach, Jurassic Park, Lost, The Descendants, the old and new version of Hawaii 5-0 and others.
|Highness height||6 m|
|Population||350,964 people (2020)|
|ZIP code||96801–96850, 96801, 96805, 96808, 96809, 96811, 96813, 96815, 96819, 96822, 96828, 963, 96832, 9634, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 9634, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 9632, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 968, 9632|
Honolulu is the capital of the state of Hawaii, USA. It is located in the southeastern part of the island of Oahu. It is the largest city of the Hawaiian Islands group of islands. It has a population of 377,260 people (2004) and a total of 900,000 people on the whole island.
Some Honolulu neighborhoods:
- Diamond Head
- Downtown Honolulu (Downtown)
- East Honolulu
- Salt Lake
- Waikiki (main tourist area with long beach)
Born in Honolulu
- Lauren Graham (b. 1967), actress
- Mark Dacascos (b. 1964), actor
- Guy Kawasaki (b. 1954), businessman
- Israel Kamikaviwo’ole (1959 – 1997), musician
- Tia Carrere (b. 1967), actress
- Nicole Kidman (born 1967), Australian actress
- Maggie Q (b. 1979), actress
- Lois Laurie (b. 1937), writer
- Catherine MacArthur (b. 1971), astronaut
- Bruno Mars (b. 1985), singer
- Bette Midler (b. 1945), actress
- Jason Momoa (b. 1979), actor
- Barack Obama (born 1961), politician
- Timothy Olyphant (b. 1968), actor
- Dustin Thomason (b. 1976), screenwriter
- Kelly Hu (b. 1968), actress
- Nicole Scherzinger (b. 1978), singer
Died in Honolulu
- Joseph Campbell (1904 – 1987), anthropologist
- Raymond Kettle (1905 – 1998), psychologist
- Ferdinand Marcos (1917 – 1989), Filipino politician
- George Meacham (1828 – 1858), English explorer
- Ebe Schwartz (1901 – 1964), Danish sports official