We talked a lot about the color palette in the decor. But how do you create a color palette for your home?
There are several ways. Some time ago I talked about one of the techniques used by famous designer Emily Henderson. I also talked about using the colors of nature, always so perfect.And I talked about how we can use a framework to create a color palette for the environment.
The interesting thing is that I find now a blog post of the great Maria Killam that talks about the same subject and that I will summarize here for you: It begins that a reader of her asks if it can use this picture as a starting point for the colors of its environment:
And she says (as we already know, right?) That this is a great way to choose a color palette – when you already have something whose colors you like a great deal. And it takes the following steps, starting with the pattern, artwork, photo, in short, the object whose colors it makes make happy.
1) It starts in a living room (and you may find this strange, but each has its own way) with the choice of cushions or rug. It is not necessary to use exactly the same colors as the initial object, but the cushions should look good on it.
The first cushion, with large print, has colors that exist in the frame. The 2nd, in white background and small print (this detail is important) repeats the colors of the first and last 2 pillows in the background color of the 1st. (In this case, white).
2) Then she tells you to pick a neutral tone from the cushion (I’d say any neutral from the starting object also works) and use it for the color of the sofa. OR use one of the vivid colors of the initial object.
It shows these 2 options, but of course there are countless: Just look at the colors of the initial object and think about your personal taste and the mood you want for the room. It could be this, for example:
3) For the chairs it tells you to choose one of the colors of the picture (in this case-my add-if you chose a living color for the sofa, choose a neutral for the chairs) OR wear white if you do not children, pets, etc.
Of course the choice of armchairs depends on the sofa, but neutral colors like the ones above would look good with any of the colors on the sofa.
An important detail for Maria Killam is what she calls “undertone”-Bees and ashes can tend to blue, green or red (these would be the “undertones” and I would add the tendency for yellow – I said On the various beges here ) and it is important that the neutrals that you use have the same “undertone” otherwise they will not combine with each other, even though they are all neutral.
4) Then you can choose the rug. (And it depends on the floor and again, on your taste and the mood you want for the room)
She chose the first, a strong color that has many of the colors of the painting. But he could have chosen dark brown to keep the game neutral, for example. It is important to measure the elements in striking colors with others in neutral colors.
5) Now, she says, when you have the main furniture, you can choose with greater possibility of setting the colors of the walls. It suggests that a neutral be used that has a tone like that of the neutrons of the initiating object l. And it suggests that on the walls of the environments or areas connected to this (such as the dining and kitchen areas) the blues (and could be the greens) of the palette found are used.
Do you see how each seems to have his way to achieve his ideal color palette? And look, there are people who use different shapes…So, the thing is, try to see how you can create your ideal color palette!
Explore Possible Kitchen Cabinet Paint Colors
20+ Interior Design Color Scheme Trends 2018
Top 10 Tuscan Paint Colors 2018
20+ Interior Design Color Scheme Trends 2018
How to Decorate Series: Finding Your Decorating Style
12 Easy Fall Decorating Ideas for Your Porch or Yard
Hot tips For Home Decor
Bedroom closet design for your modern interior
Color Suggestions For Double Room – How to Renovate
Bedroom Looking For King Size Bed King Wood Bedroom Sets …
The Best Light Gray Paint Colors for Walls • Jillian Lare …
The Best Christmas Desktop Wallpapers for 2013
light colour kelvin
21 best Clear Christmas Bauble Ideas images on Pinterest
Jumbo Rocking Chair Cushion Sets
Tips on Choosing the Right Exterior Paint Colors for …
How to Design the Perfect Family Room
How To Choose The Best Pastel Paint Colors For Furniture …
Decorating with a Warm Color Scheme
Explore Wall Art for Living Room Ideas for Your Home …